Saturday, October 22, 2016

Charcoal - Granules Or Powder?


















One of the most beneficial remedies is pulverized charcoal...” (2SM 294.2)

WHAT DOES PULVERIZE MEAN?
Pulverize
[puhl-vuh-rahyz]
·        Examples
·        Word Origin
verb (used with object), pulverized, pulverizing.

1. To reduce to dust or powder, as by pounding or grinding.

I found more quotes about charcoal that are not on the EG White CD Rom. These are from http://www.egwwritings.org/singleframe.php
If you go to the top blank search bar on the left hand side, and type in "charcoal", you will be able to find these quotes.  


“...THAT OFFENSIVE BREATH MUST BE PURIFIEDGET PULVERIZED CHARCOAL, SOAK IT IN WATER, AND DRINK THIS WATER FREELY. EAT NO VEGETABLESEAT FRUIT, AND PLAIN, WELL-BAKED BREADTAKE LIGHT EXERCISE, AND AT NIGHT, WEAR A CHARCOAL COMPRESS OVER THE LIVER AND ABDOMEN.” {Lt115-1898.4}

It is surprising what the mere treatment by water will do, and the outward applications of charcoal pounded up and put in a bag of hot smart weed. The charcoal alone put upon wounds heals the most acute inflammation and it kills pain, reduces swellings, and cleanses loathsome sores...” {Lt186-1898.13}

“Sister McEnterfer is nurse and physician for all the region round about. She has been called upon to treat the most difficult cases, and with complete success. We have at times made our house a hospital, where we have taken in the sick and cared for them. I have not time to relate the wonderful cures wrought, not by dosing with drugs but by the application of water. We use charcoal largely, making it into poultices. It destroys the inflammation and removes the poison. We are teaching the ignorant how to become intelligent and keep well.”  {Lt74-1899.14}

“...a young woman was taken very sick with inflammation of the liver and the lungs. It was feared that she would die. Dr. M. G. Kellogg, who was attending her, came to me for advice. I suggested that he make a compress of pulverized charcoal, and put it on the sick woman’s side. She had been crying out in her pain, but in about fifteen minutes after the compress was applied, she fell into a sweet sleep.” {Lt100-1903.10}

“...with compresses and pulverized charcoal killed the inflammation...” {Lt241-1899.4}

“Another thing: Get...some pulverized charcoal, and use it freely. Mix it with sweet oil. Thus it can be taken with less difficulty than if mixed with water. I think that you would obtain benefit from the use of charcoal compresses—pulverized charcoal moistened, put into a flannel bag, and placed over the affected part.
When my husband was sick, I had recourse to many remedies, and I know the value of charcoal as a healing agency. I have worked for my husband with marked success when his life was in grave peril. I did not want a physician for him; for I knew that I had tact and skill, and that with faith in God I could be his physician.” {Lt75-1904.9}

“Sister Haskell has been trying to keep Elder Haskell in bed. The boils seem determined to come out on his limbs, and these have to have special treatment. He is receiving all the necessary treatment and is using pulverized charcoal...”  {Lt24-1906.2}

I wish to ask you if you have tried the charcoal for Brother Belden? I think I wrote you about it some time ago. Take pulverized charcoal, wet it, and put it on as a poultice. The charcoal possesses a wonderful power of drawing poison from the system.”  {Lt326-1906.2}

I feel impressed to recommend for your consideration the use of charcoal as a powerful agency for removing poison from the system. I have on several occasions been impressed to suggest the use of charcoal, and it has often brought relief when every other means had failed.” {Lt158-1907.1}

When we were in Texas, one of our neighbors was taken sick because of imprudence in eating. The organs of excretion failed to act properly, and his system was poisoned. He was in terrible agony. His family sent for me to come and pray for him. Then it was impressed upon my mind to send some one to the blacksmith’s for charcoal, pulverize it, and place it as a poultice over the entire abdomen. This was done, and the effect produced was wonderful.”  {Lt158-1907.2}

Donate today so I can continue to help others. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment